We had our first 5k in May 2023!
Check out the podcast with Teri, the chair lady and learn about what the 5k is, what happened in that years event, what Rhys's experience as an assisted athlete was, who we even are and what we do, how this has effected the Yakima community, and what you can expect for our future events!
What You Can Expect
This event is about building awareness through action; by showing the importance of inclusion, all while taking steps to make our community all inclusive:
- Accessible parking reserved with volunteers to help with the transition.
- Food, beverage, and snack vendors.
- Information booths with products and services available in the valley for those in the special needs community.
- A T-Shirt and medal!
You can run, walk, use your own wheelchair OR you can use a chair Adaptive Star provides that day along with an assistant to walk or run the course with you.
- Want to use an Adaptive Star Mobility chair for the event?
Please complete the measurement chart so we know what size of chair you need for the event and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to volunteer?
We have a variety of areas you can help:
- Be a walk buddy or a run buddy.
- Help with parking and directions.
- Booth support and information center.
Please sign up to help in the registration form.